THE STEWARD NEWSLETTER
- Letter from the President
- Supreme Court recognizes the constitutional right to strike
- Progressive discipline 101
- Benefit overpayments: the doubling-up of medical leave compensation
- Sexual misconduct off-duty can lead to discharge (Ghomeshi case)
- Worker rights during probation
- Honesty is the best policy during investigatory meetings
- Report from the B.C. Human Rights Tribunal – The role of a steward in a human rights complaint
Click here for back printed issues of The Steward.
Other Steward resources
- Arbitrations Awards of interest to Stewards (last updated: October 2014)
- "Employment Insurance Appeal Decisions Favourable to Workers."
Grievances - Frequently Asked Questions
BCGEU stewards should bookmark this page and check regularly for news and information.
Our aim is to make you the most effective representative for your members possible.